Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I Jump, You Jump

I was just reading a book, about a girl who was the only single person in her group of friends, and I saw, at least in that sense, that the book could have been about me. *chuckles*

In the book, the girl was always griping about her friends perpetually trying to fix her up with their cousins or friends or friends' friends or even their friend's cousins. She's become adept at making up excuses, trying to wheedle herself out of these blind dates set up for her.

I am relieved that my friends aren't at all like hers. *chuckles* I wouldn't what to do if they were. I DID have a friend who once wanted to fix me up with a friend of hers, but apparently the timing was wrong and I'd already gotten myself a boyfriend at that time. *chuckles* Go figure.

What I want to know is, do those things really happen? In real life? Friends constantly trying to fix you up, telling about how great so-and-so is, how right you would be for each other. I find it hard to believe that they do. I mean, I haven't experienced it, as I've said, but I was wondering if there ARE people who think that the world will collapse if their best friend didn't have steady, just like they did?

On the other hand, I've noticed that, whenever someone in a close group of friends has broken up, it won't take long for it to cause a chain reaction. Maybe not to the same extent, but somehow, other's in the group will reveal how much they want the freedom of being single, how they'd love it if they didn't have to report every single move they were making to their significant other, and at least one other will break up. *chuckles* Or do you just notice these things cause you're in that particular situation? A case of "I'll see it when I believe it"?

So fess up people. Do you try to fix people up when you yourself are hooked up? And what would your reaction be if those around you did as such? =D

2 comments:

Twyla said...

Puh! Mia & Adam do it to me. ITS HORRIBLE!! I mean come on, I'll find him in my own time, (I've always been a slow coach anyway)

Bah!
Lend me the book?

Haizum said...

*laughs* I have no idea where it is now. I'll have to look for it somewhere in the house. It wasn't a very good book, let me tell you.
But I'll try to find it, just for you, sweets.