Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I Fidget

I'm feeling restless these days. I can't sleep at night. I wake up early morning. The rest of the day I can't really sit still. I read a couple of pages of the current book I'm reading (Raymond E. Feist's Silverthorn), then fidget, feeling uncomfortable. I don't know what it is. But it's there.

It's possible that with all the excitement of going back to school and the prospect of a different - if not entirely new - environment. I guess the latest quote I have here at my place sums it up exactly (please see sidebar). I'm the kind of person that is used to instant gratification (please do not take this the wrong way *wink*). It makes me uneasy to have made a choice, set the ball rolling, and yet have to wait to start on whatever it is I've chosen. I CAN be patient. I've been known to wait in line at Sushi King just to get a place to sit. *chuckles* But sometimes, there are some things I am too excited about. Let me think. And let me rephrase. THIS time, I am too excited. Definitely. I can't remember ever having been this restless over a decision I've made. Let us not count my near-hysteria to find that after waiting so long, and having had a week's trip to KK (when I haven't had a vacation in MONTHS), that the whole of KK was fresh out of Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince. Really. That one doesn't count.

As much as I am griping about having to wait this out, I somehow know that the next 2 1/2 months will be a busy period for me, having to tie loose ends here at home. And having said that, I know time will pass quickly. And when the time comes for me to leave, I'll be having my now-not-so-strange-feeling of being anxious-excited. I will cry for having to leave Ummi and Bapak. Again. I will brood for not having my cat Mool around me. I will worry about my grand-aunt. But at the same time, I'll be elated. I will get to hang out with my brother Hadibi and his clearly-not-quite-sane friend Ho. I will get to see my dear friends. I will get to make new ones. I'll be getting my mortar board. My very own square hat. ^_^

I guess I'll have to keep remembering all this. That to pass time I HAVE to do what I have to do in order to make things settled here. And to keep my excitement from fizzing out like an opened can of Coca Cola left outside overnight, I have to remember the good things waiting for me when the time finally comes.

2 comments:

Cherane said...

Puchong is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar....
BUT reachable!!

Hey! Mebbe we'll have the same flight huh? Manala tau. :p

and waiting in line in Sushi King doesn't count too, its still considered as pleasure la 'com.
*laughs*

Haizum said...

Like Cher said, Ho, it's within reach!!!

And you try waiting in line at Sushi king when your stomach's growling. Temptation everywhere else. Pizza Hut on your right, Teppanyaki on your left. But. I. Had. To. Have. Sushi. King.

And yes Cher, it would be nice if I had a friend on the flight with me! =D