Sunday, November 12, 2006

On Highs and Lows

I'm afraid this will turn out to be one of those pathetically self-pitying entries.

First of all, after nearly 2 months of trying to find a place to stay, I have to say, I haven't really gotten anywhere. Sure, I've burned my credit calling people, asking them about the rooms advertised, only to find one thing or another that makes it impossible for me to stay there, be it rent or the house mates, things like that.

Secondly, I seem to have this habit of saying what's on my mind. It gets me into trouble. Too much. I think honesty is seriously overrated. I've found that people like their honesty served to them with lots of little trimmings on top of it to pretty it up, basically to divert their attention, from what? The truth. So really, I don't think anyone really cares about "the truth" anymore. They just want you to tell them what they want to hear.

Thirdly, the apparent disappearance of my allergies was false. It still comes around, whenever it feels like it. I haven't figured out to what exactly I'm allergic to, so getting around it is a problem. How to get rid of something when you don't know what it is?

But always, always, there 2 sides to a coin. My lows are LOW, but my highs are really high. So on some days, I find it enjoyable just to take the bus ride to class (read between the lines people : someone on that bus is an incentive *wink*). I enjoy being in class, just to see my friends (come on, you weren't expecting me to betray the Students' Code and say I enjoyed the lectures do you?). And my books. For around 30 bucks, it takes me faraway, to some place that would normally cost me a few gazillion bucks to get to.

So, I guess that what it means to be human. To have a good life, yet STILL be hung up on the bad.

Go figure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

urm...yeah have a good life and still be strong with the bad side...
hey good luck in ur "pencarian"

Anonymous said...

go see a doctor about ur allergies. anybody else in ur house who is allergic to something? oooo no luck in looking for a room yet? hmm gewd luck again.

ahhhhhhh true..ppl prefer being lied at. *sigh~ i dun >_<" i say wutever's on my mind >_<" which sucked.

Anonymous said...

hang it there, com.