Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wisdom Is a-Comin'

It is.

Literally.

It's fighting it's way out, bursting through my gums.

And it's painful.

For someone who hates pain, in general, this is a big thing.

This particular tooth, in a way, does symbolize how people actually learn from things in life.

Through hurt.

Sure, you learn that fire is hot by burning your fingers. You learn that cats aren't furry little things that hang around the television by shoving them off it and having them land a few scratches on you. And you learn that pretty doesn't always mean comfortable, as in the case of shoes, after you get blisters on your feet while wearing them.

Someone once said - but for the life of me I can't remember who! - success teaches you things, failure teaches you more. As sweet as having done something right is, it's imprint doesn't leave as lasting an impression as having done something wrong. I guess cause we have the scars to remind us.

As in the case of the wisdom tooth, you hurt like crap for a while. Everybody has a different way of dealing with it. Some people pop pain killers like candy. Others get to the root of the problem - yes, there is a pun there - and just pull it out. Others seem to have no problem with another tooth encroaching that small cavity.

I think it says a lot about a person, how she deals with The Attack Of The Wisdom Tooth (or teeth). Hotheaded? Cool cat? Whiner? =D

I think I'm somewhere between the first and second. Prolly a little of the third as well. My pain threshold isn't very high, I'll say that. But I guess, I'll just have to suck it in, and get through it. I'll be a little wiser, or at least, I'll have one more tooth to call my own.

No comments: