Tuesday, February 28, 2006

And The World Goes Round...

Oh, I know, I know. Another gap.

I don't have a net connection yet. As a matter of fact, I don't even have a computer to call my own. It's a little disconcerting trying to put your thoughts into words in front of a bunch of guys screaming bloody murder in a cyber cafe. =)

So many things have happened. The sick getting well, and vice versa. Phones conking out just when you need them most. People around you getting married. People my age.

Fact of life : The world doesn't wait for you to be ready. It just goes on it's course.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see that some of my friends and cousins moving on to start their own families. I mean, we are most of us in our 20s ( *ahem* referring mostly to myself, but yeah, most of the people in my circle are =p) and it's only natural for the biological clock to start chiming a little louder (for some, if not all). When the news first hit me, my first reaction was "WHAAAAAAT?!" cause in my mind, I still defiantly believe that I am 14 years old. *chuckles* Then it dawns. No. That was 8 years ago. Shock dissipates and slowly gives way to realization.

I. Am. Grown. Up. (Age-wise at least)

All of you know, how closely I hold the phrase "I wanna be a Toys R Us kid" to heart.

See the dilemma?

A paradigm. I want to be an adult, yet I don't want to relinquish the joy of childhood. Which isn't to say being of legal age doesn't have its upside (If you know what I mean *wink*... What?? I meant clubbing!!)

So now, a new challenge I've set for myself.

To be a mature, responsible adult *ahem* yet still retain a sense of childlike innocence (And fun. Don't forget the fun =D).

We shall see.

1 comment:

Twyla said...

don't ever ever ever ever ever think that you feel the need to let go. it is your most precious jewel, something you should treasure everyday.

Sadly, it is not only the force of gravity we get used to as we grow up. The world itself becomes a habit in no time at all. It seems as if in the process of growing up we lose the ability to wonder about the world. And in doing so, we lose something central - something philosophers try to restore. For somewhere inside ourselves, something tells us that life is a huge mystery. This is something we once experienced, long before we learned to think the thought.
Jostein Gaarder - Sophie's World.

p/s: last month I found out that one of my good friends in KK had gotten married at the age of 18 and was with child. She had a miscarriage two weeks before the wedding. she got married anyway.

no relevance to your post. just felt like sharing. :D