Thursday, November 29, 2007

Epiphanies

*sigh*

I'm a little tired today, having been on a road trip from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan. :D

I've only been here a few hours, and I already think that I put on a gazillion pounds. Dinner was huge, and I feel like a pig. :S

Anyhow, that's not what I'm here to talk about.

A friend of mine recently said something to me that gave me a lil jolt. Okay, maybe a big one.

He said "Chommie (God, he spells my name with an H... he knows I hate that), you need to forget about everybody else and do what you want to do". He got my number just right. *sigh* I sometimes have a problem deciding what to do when it comes to hanging out with friends. I would always leave it to other people - "Oh wait, let me ask so-and-so if we're going" or "I don't know, so-and-so hasn't called me yet, so I can't say if I have time to see you" - to make the decisions for me.

I am not brave enough to try and see whether that holds true in other aspects of my life. Maybe some other time.

Anyhow, that night I took his advice and had fun. :) And I found that other people didn't mind that I was having fun on my own, while they were doing their own thing.

I don't know if this this indecisiveness comes from wanting to please everybody, or if it's just selfishness on my part, wanting to have fun with everybody. That is something else I'm wary of finding out.

Nothing like an epiphany to start your vacation with eh?

No comments: